Why Get Involved?
Every day around the capital men and women are sleeping on buses, on park benches, under the awnings of stores. We believe no one should have to sleep on the street. Could you give something to help us put it right?
Despite being a relatively small charity, we are recognised as one of the largest emergency homeless shelters in the country. By bringing together resources in the community -- such as the space made freely available by churches and the help of a large volunteer base -- we can assure that donations are effectively used to provide shelter, help and hope to some of the most vulnerable members in our community. Here's what your money can provide:
- £600 pays for a full month's winter accommodation with meals for someone who would otherwise sleep on the streets
- £100 could buy sleeping bags for 10 homeless guests
- £60 will provide a full course meal for upwards of 60 people
- £21.50 will accommodate and feed a rough sleeper for one night in our shelter
- £10 will provide a rough sleeper with a sleeping bag and mat
Unfortunately, we receive many more requests for shelter and support from people than we can accommodate. Homelessness has doubled in the past five years. We have every reason to believe the number of individuals that come to us will only increase; government cuts for essential services continues and affordable housing remains scarce.
The good news is, we have a formula that works.
In order to maintain our open-door policy, we do not take government funding. Thus, we rely on the generosity of individuals, churches, trusts and foundations. Together, we can make a life-transforming difference. Please join us.
Glass Door is a member of Fundraising Regulator, the independent regulator of charitable fundraising. Read our fundraising promise to you.